LOSING THE LOCK-DOWN BULGE
After a few months indoors, I started to feel like I was losing the battle against the bulge. The distance between the fridge and I had reduced and stayed that way for longer than normal. With many countries resuming travel, I thought about losing the lock-down bulge. I’d dieted in the past and kept a few notes on things that worked for me and things that didn’t. The things that worked were:
- Hydration: green tea and water flavoured with lemon through the day
- Visual calorie balance – one main meal consumed in a 3-hour window
- Limit alcohol, salt, sugar and pastry where feasible
- Physical Activity: running or jogging, cycling and calisthenics
With this, I put together a 30-day Wei8loss Calendar to monitor the effects over a 30 day period.
After a general health and wellness check, I logged my metrics to gauge my starting point on the calendar. My exercise routine for the next month will look something like this.
- Day 1 Running/Jogging – 60 mins
- Day 2 Rest or Stretching
- Day 3 Cycling – 30 mins
- Day 4 Calisthenic – 45 mins
- Day 5 Running/Jogging – 30 mins
- Day 6 Calisthenic – 45 mins
- Day 7 Cycling – 60 mins
4 weeks: weight loss 7%
A copy of the 30-day calendar can be found here.